import errno
import os
import signal
import time
class TimeoutError(Exception):
pass
class timeout:
def __init__(self, seconds=1, error_message='Timeout'):
self.seconds = seconds
self.error_message = error_message
def handle_timeout(self, signum, frame):
raise TimeoutError(self.error_message)
def __enter__(self):
signal.signal(signal.SIGALRM, self.handle_timeout)
signal.alarm(self.seconds)
def __exit__(self, type, value, traceback):
signal.alarm(0)
with timeout(seconds=3):
time.sleep(4)
Display useful information from your Windows 10 IoT Core application in an ASP.NET Core web app, essential for integrating IoT data into a solution. Windows 10 IoT background task talk with a web application using WebSockets. Problems As my path to this solution has been troublesome, I am listing here the main problems I faced so my dear readers have a better idea of dead-end streets along the way: I was not able to make the ASP.NET Core web application run under a Windows 10 IoT background service. I found no information about when or if it will be supported in the near future. ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core have different SignalR implementations. I was not able to make a SignalR client for .NET Core work with SignalR hosted on a web application. I was able to make things work by directly using a WebSocket. It’s not as nice a solution as I had in my mind, but it works until things get better. Making the Background Task and Web Application Talk I worked out sim...
Comments
Post a Comment